I was cold contacted by a door-to-door salesman about siding installation.He said they had installed siding for a neighbor behind us (not true) and asked if I wanted an appointment.
I setup an appointment, guy comes out and gives an impressive sales pitch. During the pitch he begins to demonstrate some of the chemicals in the siding. He's about to mix water with these powders and I tell him, that won't be necessary, but he insists so he dumps the powder from one jar into a cup of water. The powder doesn't mix with the water.
He explains this is what is in the vinyl siding. Then he dumps the stuff into my sink. I think nothing more of it. The pitch ends with an quote to do the work--65k, 80k if we want them to remove the old siding.
The house would list for about 300k, so I'm not sure where 80 thousand was coming from. I laugh internally and bid the salesman good day. Back to the mystery chemical. We leave for a few hours and come back to find that the chemical dumped into the sink and drain has expanded into a gel.
Of course this stops up the drain. I call powerhrg to ask them what this is and if I can run draino though it. The reponse is "we'll have a manager call you".
I never got that call but I did get to spend the Saturday removing the chemical sludge from my drain.With that level of service I would be weary of spending any money with these guys.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Power Home Remodeling Group Siding
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "My wife & I had a "Signature Collection" Hanover home built in North Florida 2006. Since that time, among several "punch list" problems such as poor quality drywall and electrical..."
- "Bought a brand new dining room set (table, 6 chairs, china cabinet, table pad) at Atlanta Northpoint Havertys in 2000. Years later, one of the table's pedestal legs split apart, causing..."
- "The house was built in 2001 in Atlanta, Ga. We had wooden floor put in and lately the wood was expanding and we thought it was because of moisture. We..."
- "My son and I had checked into the In Town suites on Military Trail North in Riviera Beach , Florida on Monday, May 23rd, 2016, while relocating back to Florida...."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "I purchased The Espresso colored 3pc. set (couch, loveseat, recliner) in Mid-December 2012. The main issue I have now is that both the couch and loveseat are cracking and peeling..."
- "I purchased a sofa in April of 2015. It is placed in a secondary living room that gets little to no use. I noticed in July of 2016..."