2.3K views

I heard a knock on my door. When I answered this guy said he was with Power Home Remodeling and they are doing a job a couple blocks over and wanted to offer me a free estimate.

I was initally going to decline but figured what the heck? So he hands me a cell phone to confirm my address and phone #s. Two days later the guy shows up and gives his presentation. When he finally got to the price it was outrageous.

I told him no. I said I could find other contractors in the area that would do it for far cheaper. He went on about the warranty and how great their company is. I would be "a fool to turn this down." I said no.

He pressed harder and harder. Lowering the price as he went along. I got tired of this. So I asked him if he was married.

He said he no but he was engaged. I said "why don't you bring her over here and we can have a threesome. Then I will agree. Ok?" He got totally offended.

He angrily told me not to talk about his fiancee that way. I said this is my house and I will talk anyway I want. He mumbled some ***. He packed his stuff and left.

I was laughing my head off the whole rest of the night. That was about 3 weeks ago.

I have not heard from them since. Lol

Product or Service Mentioned: Power Home Remodeling Group Estimate.

Comments

Brilliant! Glad you dosed the sales-pressure fool.

The best I could do was start dropping F-bombs when he wouldn't take no for an answer ... it was overall just horrid. Besides trapping us in our home and serving up an estimate SIX TIMES the industry standard, he dodged energy saving/tax credit queries and persisted with bad-mouthing independent contractors. These clowns feed off vulnerable homeowners who don't network or know their community contractors ...

and this goliath will make mincemeat out of any homeowner pursuing the b.s. warranties.